Saturday, July 17, 2010

i see them bloom

Euro Fun Park, KB


The first week posting in paediatric department has passed. So did my very first appointment with my very first patient :) Alhamdulillah. Enjoyed my time at Kelantan's very first fun fair!


I remember a senior telling me this, "You kalau masuk year 4 year 5 nanti relaxed sikitlah". I wish I can remember his face so that I can ask him whether he was joking. So these are my routine activities during this posting - Wake up at 6.30am and prepare whatever that's needed. Drive to Hospital Kota Bharu (HKB) a.k.a Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II (HRPZ II) at 7.30am and you know, Kelantan is popular for its numerous traffic lights. To actually reach the speed of 100km/hour on the road is something that's very... rare. Reach the hospital at 8.00am and head straight to the wards. Look for new cases, clerk at least 4 cases per day, observe more procedures, and observe, and observe, and attend clinical teaching till noon. Have my lunch and solat within an hour. Attend a seminar which usually lasted for only a couple of hours till 4pm. Enter the wards again after that till around 5-6pm. Drive back to the university, which journey was as if battling for your life. You have no idea how the people here drive if you haven't experienced it yourself. 6-7pm, gasp for breath in my room. Rest till 9.00pm. Start to study cases present in the wards. 11pm aktiviti kegemaran - kuak lentang atas katil.


Yes, they said the most fun department is paediatric but, see... I have only carried babies exactly four times in my whole life and on all occasions, they were inevitable especially when your aunts and uncles force you to. I worry too much that I might drop them. They look fragile. They feel very fragile. They even sound very fragile. When they cry, it's the most heartbreaking music. And when they giggle, grasp my hand with their tiny fingers, and smile at me, it felt as if every single burden on my shoulder was lifted. Nonetheless, I shall try again tomorrow, insya Allah. This time, it'll be according to my own intention.


Alhamdulillah, Allah has opened my eyes to so many amazing things during this posting (not to mention during every single second of my life). The meaning of 'fun' is no longer the same, according to my dictionary. To actually lend a helping hand to any being means fun in a whole new perspective.


But you know what... this is my main concern whenever I increase my efficiency for whatever reason - I'll eat more kononnya untuk bekalkan sel-sel badan yang sudah bekerja keras. Padahal bekalan tenaga yang datang daripada lemak bukan main banyak lagi.


I'll talk on the dental stuff later. So tired. Yes, it's already weekend, but I'll have to do some touch ups on my elective report and complete my clinical case write-up. I need to study more on so many dental treatments..... and today is already - WHAT!!!!!??? SUNDAY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

No comments: