Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ore wa OTOMENdesu ka.


Imma be honest. I'm sleepy already but am too pumped up currently to write about a drama series I just finished watching a few minutes ago. It's titled 'Otomen' which was supposed to mean a boy who has both skills a girl and a boy should have (a somewhat sexist statement though, but blargh, who cares!). The plot was quite predictable, not too heavy especially for a person whose brain was strained for almost the whole day. Any fan of Hanazakari no Kimitachi E will most probably like this one too - not to say it's as overloaded with cute guys as the latter, but the former has enough of them LOL! I'm going to be honest, I'm a shoujo manga freak, so it's surprising that I have not read this manga before, hm... It has been three months since I last watched any drama! There was a line which captured my attention:


"No matter how much your make-up fades, I'll make you look like a butterfly everytime", said Hajime Tonomine (Ryo Kimura) to Miyabi Oharida (Mirei Kiritani).



Ngaaaa, I can fly with these bats hanging near my window already! My favourite character in Otomen was Hajime Tonomine (or perhaps just his eyebrows - Shota Matsuda-ish?)! And there was another thing that gained my interest - Concerto No. 2 by Rachmaninoff was again used as soundtrack. It seems that Japanese people have a thing for Rachmaninoff - watched about four Japanese drama series with this particular concerto used as soundtrack. Compositions by more popular composers (not to say I favour these people over Rachmaninoff) such as Beethoven, Mozart, or perhaps Bach weren't heard much. Speaking of which, I can't believe they played Hedwig's Theme by John Williams in the drama too! And I initially assumed Japanese people to be somewhat outdated when it comes to Holly-jolly-wood stuff, considering them using old English songs such as You Are My Destiny by Paul Anka a lot. Man, how old is that song really!


But in the end, the best part of Otomen was the video clip in the end. Nice job done on cinematography, really! I suddenly felt like watching Memoirs of a Geisha once again :P

2 comments:

WNRD said...

KENAPA ADA MUKA BAPOK DALAM BLOG KAU?!

zahirah ardy said...

WHAT! RYO KIMURA IS HOT! HIRO MIZUSHIMA IS HOT TOO!! GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~