Monday, September 26, 2011

the reason


Saw Zak Vee's post on Fb and the caption of it was LOLling in the Deep. Terasa pulak because Ziyad, Jiamin, Acap, Mike, and I (the sorta thing only Mike would call as 'BANDSHIP' with capital letters haha) will be performing that song for this coming Course Night for medical students. Ah, finally good players who are actually more opened to any suggestion. It took me four years to find them :) Come to think of it, I met Ayien when he was already in his final year of DDS and jamming with him was great! :D


So anyway, for some reasons, I seem to be a uhm... disorder magnet? Can I call it so? It seems to be so when it comes to Wani and I, but personally I find it enlightening. As I had quoted numerous times in the past:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 70, Number 545

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

I guess these are my free chances to abolish my sins :) Most recent one - as mentioned before, I was diagnosed to have arthritis secondary to trauma (previous accident involvement), hence, the numerous types of painkillers prescribed to me. Nonetheless, I hate taking them because there's no such thing as a drug/medication without any side effect. Besides, they are just painkillers - for symptomatic relief but NOT for therapeutic purpose So I just ignored the pain except during periods of exacerbation. Yesterday, during the usual morning ward round, my friends and I were whispering. My hands were on my hips until all of a sudden, my left hand slipped because my shoulder somehow slid to the back slightly and I experienced intense pain radiating from my left shoulder to the back of my left arm. Macam nak menangis gua, risau nikmat tangan ditarik balik. I asked Yiying to pull my left hand until it was fully extended and then POP! My shoulder was back to normal and perhaps I was too ecstatic and while I was trying to abduct my shoulder POP! It slid out again! My eyes began to well up with tears, not because of the pain, but it was due to anxiety. I was very worried. I asked Yiying to do the same thing again and Alhamdulillah, it slid back into its place.


Nonetheless, just to be safe, I sought medical attention and the lovely doctor (a new doc in Klinik Pelajar) said that I should've underwent physiotherapy a long time ago. "How can you stand the pain for two years already?", she asked me and I kept silent. I didn't want to say, "Frankly, I saw three docs due to this problem already, but everytime I did, the answer was the same - just take these painkillers. Nothing much can be done about it". If she were to say the same thing to me, I might break down at that very second, mayhap due to frustration. For my every patient's sake, I use my upper limbs a lot. I'm a dental student and I will become a dentist soon, with Allah's will. But she was very nice and I didn't have the heart to say so. To cut things short, she referred me to the physiotherapy lab here, that I might gain benefit from this rather than taking painkillers alone, and that things seem to be worsening that it should be halted. If only all docs are this nice and sensitive. Alhamdulillah. Niat, usaha, doa, dan tawakkal akhirnya berhasil.


Speaking of which... if a friend can't even handle me having all these problems, I don't think he/she is worth befriending. Might as well keep a distance from this person.

2 comments:

Hakam said...

huhu...mesti sakit gile..good for you,jumpe doc yg perihatin cmtu..huhu.btw..be strong..k?ade hikmah nya..

zahirah ardy said...

takda la sakit gila. ok lagi tu. hahaa. thanks Akam, aku jadi strong as Hulk (memandangkan saiz badan sudah sama, tinggal nak bina muscle hahahahah)! yea, ada hikmah. taklah aku lupa diri :P