Sunday, October 23, 2011

the weekly summary

This week is coming to its end. Alhamdulillah, albeit a rocky one, again, I came out stronger mentally and emotionally. Most importantly, the true colours of certain people were revealed, although in a less desirable manner and my initial judgment was proven faulty. And for some other people, their impressive loyalty and trustworthiness were made obvious, even in such critical condition. It's true then, you can't suppress your inner demon or angel when you're being put under stressful condition. Some will hold to the principle of honesty is the best policy, but for others, telling lies seems to be the easier method of escapism. Nevertheless, the thing about telling lies is once you start one, you'll be troubled to build the whole framework to make them seem genuine - finally you're an established hypocrite. At one point, you'll live a restless life, fearing others will do the same thing to you. I don't want to live that life even if that comes at the cost of being hated by less tolerant people.


Whenever I feel bothered here, I'd remember a friend's words, "Z, you have a life apart from the one you're living in that wretched place. You have so many other friends and they are just like 0.1% of your life, if not less. Always give your best because you know that in the end, whatever happens, we'll all be here by your side, welcoming you home. Forgive them who can't accept others as if the rest are extraterrestrial. Remember that sometimes, ignorance is bliss. You can't save everything and everyone especially when your own affairs are out of hand". Come to think of it, yeah, I have so many more important friends, who I grew up with for more than a decade already. Quality over quantity. That's another principle of mine. I guess I made that right decision two years ago ;) If I hadn't done so, I would've drowned in misery this very second, but I'm not, Alhamdulillah :D


Speaking of which, I met Anisah yesterday :) She's getting her piloting license, how cool is that! Perhaps I can ask her to fly me to some place someday. Haha! Opportunist I is (evil laugh). Getting to talk with someone from my childhood really felt... er... enlightening? I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Dang, I forgot to take a picture of us together =_=" Oh well, I have still less than a year here, what am I rushing for? I'm supposed to rush at finishing the report for my research instead! Alhamdulillah, I discovered that my abstract does not need any correction to be done. Since there are quite a number of plans to be executed this coming week, ha, that'll save me more time :)


Let's put everything aside. So, I don't get to relax during this weekend because classes which were supposed to be going on during Deepavali were held earlier. 8am to 5pm activities as usual, but I think I'm falling in love with anaesthesiology. As Yiying said, anaesthetists are like angels ensuring the patients pain-free before, during, and even after being operated on. I think I was being ridiculous when I actually thought of meeting an anaesthetist similar to the one I watched in a Japanese drama - Team Medical Dragon. In the drama, the anaesthetist would always get stoned because he'd experiment some of the anaesthetic drugs on himself. That'd be a dream! A sinful one of course =_="


Approximately a fortnight ago, my juniors - Jiamin, Ziyad, Mike, Sarah, Jack, Acap; Yiying, and I performed for the 2011 MEDSOC Course Night - the first ever to be held in USM Kubang Kerian. To save time, we performed the same songs we did the previous week.



The band

Who knows that Jack who looks geeky is actually a good rapper! Even his pronunciation was good :D And Jiamin, I have no idea which note she can't hit!


From left to right: Me, Sarah, Jack, Hazwan, Mike, Ziyad, and Acap
Sitting: Jiamin and Yiying


Mike (the drummer) and I

Quoting Mike, "Kak, I hate racism, man! But you know what, I'm a ROCKSTAR! I'm beyond racism". If only everyone thinks the same (putting aside the rockstar part haha) :P Tapi, Allah ciptakan manusia yang berlain-lain kaumnya agar kita boleh belajar dari satu sama lain. And yeah, the last person I'd want to meet or know is another me. That'd be horrendous!

No comments: