Thursday, November 10, 2011

trolly

Taken from www.trolldadcomic.com

I can't seem to stop reading Meme comic (the above is an excerpt from it). A stress-relieving thing to do after a tiring day at the clinic and lab. We have just entered our second week of clinical practice - being on our own (without an assistant), things have been quite tough, but I guess it's just a matter of time to get used to everything - the new system, new dental chair, and stuff.

Yesterday, I was beyond exhaustion to only being able to go back at 7pm because there were lots of prosthodontics-related things to settle at the lab. For some reasons, I prefer to do the lab works myself rather than handing them to my dental technician (just to practise some hand skills :P) except for teeth arrangement which consumes too much time. I was at the brink of giving up on walking back and forth between the dental school and my hostel. See, I'm trying to live a healthier life. Had been driving between both points last year, but my weight caught up fast which was a HUGE NO-NO! I forgot that I had neither gotten a proper lunch nor bought myself anything for dinner. Having diagnosed with gastritis a month ago and boy was I so proud that I didn't have that thing when my colleagues were all having it, I had to get something to gobble on. So I bought a few packets of instant noodle at Mydin. My left shoulder was aching (yay I haven't gone to physiotherapy department because I was too damn lazy to move during breaks) and I said to myself, "Gosh, I feel like giving up at trying to fulfill all my clinical requirements". Suddenly, a staff there walked pass me. He was pushing trolleys.


Hey, I saw this man before. Many times already.


He rarely smiles, but I had never seen him taking a break or slacking around. And I learned that I was being very ungrateful. That man had been doing the same job for months already and never once did he give up on it and I'm only entering my second week of dental practice in this final year of DDS. Who was I trying to kid? A boost for my spirit, Alhamdulillah :)


I believe that if you really pay attention to your surroundings, you'll appreciate yourself and everything that you still have more. Finally, you'll want to give your best in everything.


Anyway, I've been bumping into this medical officer at a cafe nearby. He had the sides of his hair shaved - (in a stylish way of course, not in the uhm.. r****t way haha) the very reason he caught my attention. Always appropriately dressed up, but also pale and tired-looking most of the time. Last morning, while I was queuing up for an elderly patient, I heard someone muttering impatiently. It was that lad! He was standing right behind me - TOKI DOKI! Haha, what a foolish thought. Ah well, just another day passing by.


Anyway, I just noticed that I forgot to pass up one of my logbooks. Darn!

No comments: