Friday, July 20, 2012

blessings of Ramadhan

Today, Umi gave me the greenlight for Fiza's parents to adopt me into their family. Which means Fiza is now my foster sister. I really love this lady from the bottom of my heart. She never left me even when I was in my worst state. In fact, she is the main reason I recovered from major depressive disorder. Sister, I really love you with all my heart. And just recently, I received encouraging words from my new personal advisor, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azizah, who voluntarily took me as her mentee when my former PA went on sabatical leave. I still remember her hugging me when I cried continuously after finding out my appeal was rejected. I cried so hard that her hijab was dampened by my tears, but still, she hugged me tightly as I sobbed. And when she texted just now saying that she sees me as her own daughter, I cried as hard as I cried on that dark day. I promise not to let you down this time. And I am a lady of my words.

To all of my coursemates who are fighting their way through this final professional exams, I wish you guys all the best and may each one of you pass with flying colours. It is an honour to fight along with you these five years, and those tears my lacrimal glands excreted to bring us together, I didn't regret them at all, even if some might misinterpret my moves as 'mind-games', none of my action was for my own agenda. That trip to Perhentian Island with you guys, that was the best vacation I had so far. Because when I finally hear others saying our batch is the liveliest, I know that I did the right thing. WE did the right thing. 9th batch of DDS USM, I love each one of you. All the best again! :) I can't go along with you guys. I can just hope that my prayers will accompany you guys through this test. Give your very best and insya Allah, you'll make it through.

I really did so many bad things this year. I let go one of my principles which I had been holding to for so long. I crossed the line too much this time. It's only the first day of Ramadhan and yet Allah blessed me with such great things. I am crying now, not of disappointment, but of happiness and thankfulness. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: