Thursday, August 9, 2012

sahur

We were having sahur and the day before, Ayah was trying the new breadmaker he just bought. So the next morning, it's my job to take the freshly-baked bread loaf out of it.

Ira (my family nickname): Eh, mana pergi blade mixer ni (confused as all I could see was a hole at the bottom of that bread. Didn't try to palpate it to feel a blade embedded in the loaf)
Umi : Ha, breadmaker yang ni memang elok sikit, dia tak pakai blade. Very good.
Ira : Fuiyooo. Ingatkan benda ni wujud kat labs je - magnet mixer. Cool siot.
Umi : Oh, dia pakai magnet ke (revealing that she actually had no idea as well)
Ayah : (his facial expression was a mixture of annoyed and amused) Teruknya korang berdua ni!
Ira & Umi : (looked at him in confusion)

The mystery was revealed after I finished slicing it. Mehhhh. The blade was embedded in the loaf after all.

As mentioned before, I shall fly back to Kelantan in another fortnight. I had been hesitating on purpose all my scholarship extension, room allocation, and flight ticket booking. In a way, I didn't want to accept the fact that I have to go back there. Suddenly, Azizah, my coursemate, texted me that she already managed everything for me. My tear dribbled down my cheek again. I thanked her repeatedly. If it was up to me, I think I'd push everything to last minute because I just don't want to go back there. Procrastination. I need to change this terrible habit. Nonetheless, her reply was simple - she just wanted to see me happy. Thank you, friend. Thank you :') And because of these few souls, I'm going to fight hard and finish this thing that I started. I hope she'll be posted somewhere around in Kelantan. There's no one that can sing to Viva La Vida by Coldplay there with me, but her. Or perhaps Mika's Grace Kelly. Who would've thought an innocent-looking girl like this would enjoy listening to A7X's A Little Piece of Heaven as well? Hihi, that's after me replaying that song again and again in my car and later I noticed her singing to it. Mission accomplished!

Azizah, me loves yuuuuu

No comments: