Wednesday, August 29, 2012

unexpected strength


While I was unpacking my stuff after moving into my new room, I found this little guy - a miniature of the first mandibular molar tooth which I carved out of a chunk of wax four years ago (it was an assignment). I smiled. Alhamdulillah, I already coped with everything and adjusted myself to this new environment - same old clinics, new staff nurses, new patients, my new room which is located on the third floor of DM1, my lecturers' shocked expression at seeing me in the university, and so many more.

The first tutor I saw as I entered the dental school building was Dr Manal. "MasyaAllah, I've been wanting to call you. I even got your number from your colleague, but I was worried you were too sad to talk about it. I thought that you don't deserve this. 'She's so active in clinics', I said to the others", she said while patting me on my arm. "Don't worry, Dr Manal, I'm not going to put this to waste. I'm looking forward to try many new techniques that I had learned from textbooks all these while", I smiled at her. I'm really fond of her. She doesn't discriminate students based on their ability to suck up to lecturers' arse. Having to say this, personally, I don't like doing that. To me, of course, you have to be diplomatic, but the quality of your work is much more important. And I love intelligent arguments, but somehow, some people prefer lashing back and take things emotionally. Some might even think of you as a stuck up person - a third world mentality.

The past three days had been somewhat tiring as I had to move so much of my stuff (I ended throwing away a quarter of them) all the way from the first floor to the third floor and since I plan to finish my requirements early rather than panicking later as I did previously, I took in many patients. Many more than I did during my first few weeks of fifth year a year ago. Nevertheless, this time I decided to rearrange my life, my daily routine that hopefully will result in a less stressful time. Alhamdulillah, today, things started to show positive result. Pumped up for days to come :)

No comments: