Sunday, September 27, 2015

weekly summary

Salam Isya'.

Yet another week is about to come to an end. It was Friday and in a blink of an eye, it's Sunday night already, but hey, let's look at it in a more optimistic way - I enjoyed this week. That's why time felt like it was on shinkansen mode.

Aidiladha had just passed. Along with Umi and Ayah, we went balik kampong. Kampong Semaloi, Endau, Mersing, Johor. Met my aunts, uncles, and cousins who all looked at me apologetically. Don't feel that way. Feel happy and grateful for me for I had been saved by Allah in a miraculous way; but one thing for sure, we are all glad it happened :) I somehow managed to exceed only 200cals despite all those lemang, rendang, and sup rempah temptations. This raya felt so meaningful to me. I hope it did for you guys too.


September marks the birthday of two of the very few very important boys in my life. 25th is Along's (my only elder brother) and 26th is Ikhlas's (my only nephew). Along lost a lot of weight too and boy, are we glad he did. I'm not sure whether I can race him at that, but blarghh. Let's take baby steps. I lost 19kg in 4months already anyway. Another 5kg to go!

Knowing Along, just like me, he'd always prioritise everything else over himself. So I thought that a pair of jeans would go well with him, but uhm... I purposely accidentally bought myself a denim top while doing so. I can now fit into 'M'-sized clothes! Yeehaw!

This was taken today. Ikhlas being his mischievous and curious self, actually tried to sink those toy cars into that cake. And hey, we discovered another thing about him - he is TERRIFIED of mascots! Haha! Come to think of it... I was always excited whenever I saw mascots during my younger days. It's not everyday that you can kick someone without that person responding in the same manner.

You know... I am 166cm in height and I am grateful for that (or else I'd be overweight by BMI standard), but as I met my former batchmates, Hazwan, and Panjang, I felt like I could pass as a Hobbit because the latter is 6"2ft. Talk about being lucky to get such genes. It had been a long long long time since I last sang in karaoke rooms, but for Wan's sake, we all did. I am terrible at singing these days. People said that once you stop singing, your octave goes down and your vocal cords just go suck. I reminisce those days performing with Wan. I'd usually play as a guitarist and he would sang. My university days were joyful.

I really don't keep any secret from Ayah and Umi anymore, because even in my worst form, they accepted me. Today, Ayah said to me, "It doesn't matter how hard you fall, but it's how you pick yourself up that really matters. I love you". Aih... Ayah is always good with words, just like my elder sister, Wani; while Umi and I just suck big time at writing, hence my boring blog; but Ayah always practises what he preached. In a way, I always think that Umi is so lucky to be married to him. Myself? Meh... if there's someone, and Allah had written so for me, so be it. If there isn't someone, inshaaAllah, if I get to enter heaven, I will have someone waiting for me there instead. In the meantime? In the meantime, I am living my life to the fullest within boundaries Islam had drawn. Fun comes in many forms anyway. Still, I have gotta start being frugal with my spending because next year, a vacation awaits. And in 2017, inshaaAllah, I will be attending my younger brother, Ahmad's, graduation. We'll be going to Turkey, Egypt, and some other countries which my parents are still planning for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dah tulis panjang tapi tak keluar. Tapi apa pun, congratulation Zahirah sebab dapat turunkan 19kg. :)

Tapi kena jaga kesihatan juga. Risau gastrik nanti.

Anonymous said...

Kenapa delete latest post tu? :'( Suka cerita Zahirah pada ending of the paragraph.

zahirah ardy said...

To anonymous, saya delete sbb saya rasa ayat saya xberapa tersusun. Mcm byk perkataan berulang. Nnti kalau ada ilham lebih saya akan repost inshaaAllah :)

zahirah ardy said...

Jgn risau. Calory restriction shj tp kena mkn 3-4x sehari. Stkt ni x pernah gastrik lg Alhamdulillah..