Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Report and renew your passport is as easy as A B C



So I'll be going on a vacation in May. Being a workaholic, when I was in charge of Klinik Pergigian Linggi, I couldn't let myself go on a leave more than 2 days because I was worried that when I return, things would be all over the place. So I didn't go on any vacation for... I can't remember. My passport had expired and I had never looked for it until now that I need it... and I realised that I had lost my passport. So here's a guide for those who are in the same shoes as I was earlier this morning.

1.  For those wearing hijab, put on a dark colour one. Don't put on coloured contact lenses.
2. Make sure you have your identification card (IC). No need photostated copy of it.
3. Head to the nearest police headquarter (Ibu Pejabat Daerah).
4. See an assistant superintendent (ASP) to be interviewed regarding the loss of your passport. At the end of the interview, you will be handed a summary of your interview by officer.
5. Head to the reporting counter and hand the summary and lodge a police report. The summary will be kept by officer at the counter and you'll be given a copy of the official police report. Just RM4 for that.
6. Head to the nearest Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia. At the cue counter, inform the officer in-charge that you had lost your passport and police report was lodged. You'll be forwarded to 'siasatan/kehilangan' counter.
7. Hand over the police report there.
8. Take your cue for passport renewal. Picture will be taken on the dot.
9. If payment is made before 4.30pm, then your passport will be ready in exactly an hour, on the same day. If it's made after 4.30pm, then you'll have to return on the next working day to claim your new passport. Only RM200/5years and RM3 for a proper passport cover.

Easy as A, B, C!

p/s: I had everything done in Putrajaya. Excellent service at IPD Putrajaya and Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia Putrajaya branch.

3 comments:

deeps said...

Being a workaholic makes one forget about the status of one's passport? i dont know :)
but renewing passport sounds as easy as A B C :D

zahirah ardy said...

Actually being a workaholic tht I preserved my passport at a forgotten spot till its validity had expired haha!

deeps said...

:)
started packing your baggage or forgot where you have placed it? ;)